There are so many dishes you can make with catfish during weeknights or when you throw a party and need some fancy meal plans for dinner. Catfish is easy to cook and serve.
What do you eat with baked, seared and smoked catfish?
What to serve on the side when you bake or cook catfish is the most common question comes to mind. There are many vegetables and green that you can serve with catfish recipes such as hushpuppies, coleslaw, green leaves, and tartar sauce.
- Coleslaw and any salad can be included with catfish recipe. Any green salad that you love in routine can be served with the fish recipe.
- Braised greens like collard goes well with the baked and seared catfish.
- Some potato wedges and potato salad.
- Macaroni and cheese, some side dish with pasta or fettuccine cream cheese pasta.
- Corn bread or garlic bread with cheese topping
- Red beans, kidney beans and rice (white, brown)
- Watermelon rinds
- Unsalted vegetable pickle
- Hot sauce and blend of garlic/honey sauce
Just in case you are wondering as what vegetables can be added as the side dish with your seared, baked, or fried catfish recipe, I have so many ideas though. I am sharing some below
- Cauliflower with rice, beans and Cajun when added all in a moderate amount could add colors to your fish recipe. Whether you plan cook southern style catfish or western style baked catfish in the oven, your meal will be completed when you add some side vegetables. If you do not want beans just add some sauteed, mashed, and smoke cauliflower.
- Green beans and kidney beans
- Parsley for dressing and making a sauce blend with honey, butter and a dash of garlic.
- Some floury potato fries are good to serve with Bristish inspired catfish and chips recipe.
- Okra and corns go well with fried and baked catfish fillets
- Green, red and yellow bellpeppers
- Grape tomatoes
Check some of the best and healthiest fish recipes, they are healthy mainly because of the ingredients added to them.
Delicious catfish recipes
Here is the list of 5 Catfish Recipes that you might want to try for yourself, they are delicious.
Pan Fried catfish recipe with greens
Baked Parmesan Catfish (You can use ocean perch fillets)
Louisiana Catfish with Okra and Corn (This fish recipe is my favorite, it has unusual serving of okra and corn that can excite your special guests).
Grilled Catfish fillets with herbed vegetables. We all know that thyme and oregano makes for a great seasoning for any fish whether white or not. Vegetables used for serving with this fish recipe are broccoli florets, some garlic, and one big yellow lemon squash.
Cod fish fillets are used for making wonderful baked, fried and grilled fish recipes for dinner and lunches. Cod meals are friendly for kids and elder people, for this very reason, cod is used in a variety of snacks as well.
I composed an article on Paleo Cod recipes, I have shared so many ideas on some fish recipes which are good to try. They are also suitable for those who are following a Ketogenic diet plan or Diabetic diet plan.
- Garlic and herbed baked cod, you would love the taste because of its uniqueness.
- Lemon parsley baked cod. If you love green, you would enjoy this fish recipe. This cod recipe is healthy, loaded with vegetables and healthy nutrients.
- Buttered cod in a skillet. For this fish recipe, the fillets are seasoned with healthy herbs and lemon.
- Baked cod with Parmesan and garlic butter would make for the best evening and night fish meals. This recipe is so much famous. You will enjoy this different take on the original cod fish recipe that is made with Parmesan and lemon only.
- Italian style baked cod. This fish recipe can be served with your favorite side dish whether it be potatoes, tartar sauce with rice or sauteed asparagus with mushrooms.
What Side Vegetables do well with Cod recipes?
You can serve different kinds of vegetables with seared, grilled, baked, fried, and smoked cod fish recipes. Here is the list of vegetables that you can consider including for any recipe for cod.
- Tomatoes. Add cherry or any other, some recipes could use good tomato sauce with egg fried rice or Chinese rice.
- French fries, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes
- Green beans and kidney beans
- Basil leaves
- Green onion
- Green, red and yellow bell peppers
- Green potatoes
- sweet potatoes
- Fingerling potatoes
- Pickled carrots and mustard greens
- Baby onion
- Coleslaw of any type can go well with Cod fish recipes
What sides dish go well with recipes of Cod?
Frankly speaking, there are no rules to follow when you are to pick a side dish serving with your fish recipe whether cod, paleo, and tilapia. If your kids loves rice, serve them rice either brown or white. Some Chinese rice could be good too.
Here are some common 15 cod side dish recipes that you should consider adding with they your cod recipe.
- Whole roasted and smoked carrots
- Grilled Salad, coleslaw. Panzanella salad
- Braised Artichokes
- Some pan fried and crisped brussels sprouts
- Garlic lemon and mushroom quinoa
- Grilled peach lime pesto salad
- Orzotto with lemon and mushrooms
- Crisply bacon with leeks
- Zucchini with tomato sauce
- Buttery potatoes
- Tomato Bruschetta
- Couscous Salad
- Celery Sesame Salad
- Kale and Parmesan Pasta
- Cold cucumber noodles
Besides all these side dishes you have freedom to choose any cod side dish for your recipe. The recipe selection may depend on the ingredients you have available in your fridge. If there is only one big broccoli floret to serve with your grilled and pan cooked fish recipe, just make something with it. For example, you can make easy lemon and garlic broccoli, stir fry broccoli by adding some seeds and thyme, or roast broccoli by adding some salt and black pepper only. Just make sure that your broccoli side dish will be able to complete your fish recipe.